August 1-4, 2022
9:00-10:15 6th grade
10:30-11:45 7th/8th grade
Join us during the first week of August for a HEAD START CAMP to help the Cedar Park Middle School trumpet section hit the ground running in the 2022/2023 school year!
Topics for the beginner (6th grade) session will include:
- Getting to know your instrument – safely opening case and assembling
- Holding the trumpet properly
- Breathing and posture
- Buzzing on mouthpiece
- Playing first notes on the full instrument!!!
- Getting to know your trumpet section mates
- Learning about famous trumpet players
Topics for returning students (7th/8th grade) will include:
- Getting in shape through fundamentals
- Playing and listening as a section
- Warmups and tone development
- Technique exercises
- Range expansion
- and other trumpet-related fun!
Click the link above to register. Payment instructions will be emailed once the registration form is complete.
Looking forward to kicking off the school year in such an exciting way!
Mike Piccione – trumpet private lesson instructor – CMPS